About the project
We aim at producing a podcast series of 30 stories of non-western migrants, with reflections on:
- Their journey – reasons and the process of coming to the Nordics,
- Life here – challenges, successes, contradictions, navigation of understanding,
- Roles in their inclusion into the new societies
- And advices they would give to other newcomers to ease their faster inclusion and settle-in
By combining storytelling, which is well known for providing easy access to bridging social-cultural gaps, with podcasting – a widely accessible and acceptable technology of modern learning, we will be facilitating more inter-cultural experiences, reflections, learning, awareness and hopefully curiosity, towards the migrants’ cultural realities and shocks, as well as giving then the chance to reflect on their own role in their inclusion process. On the other hand, we will facilitate that these rarely heard narratives of 8% of our local Nordic communities come to light and meaningfully contribute to local dialogue, reflections, debates, and policy formulation for diverse and sustainable local communities.
The podcast will then be utilized in training within the local communities the different organizations work in, as well as offered as a free online training input material for all interested stakeholders.
The project main outputs:
1. Coming to the Nordics Podcast - 30 episodes of migrant stories on integration or inclusion in the Nordics
About NORDPLUS Adult
The Nordplus Programme offers financial support between partners in the area of lifelong learning from the eight participating countries and three autonomous regions in the Baltic and Nordic area.
Read more here: https://www.nordplusonline.org/about/nordplus/